Notes about the Firefox Extension for WebResearch
The Firefox extension basically supports the same features as the
WebResearch integration in Internet Explorer. However, for even
better saving results we recommend to install the WebResearch ScrapBook
Extension in addition to the WebResearch Firefox Extension.
- The Firefox browser cache is only used when installing the
WebResearch ScrapBook Extension
When installing the WebResearch ScrapBook Extension, content can be saved
directly from the Firefox cache. In contrast, if just the WebResearch ScrapBook
Extension is installed, all Web page content will be downloaded once more
from the Internet while saving the page.
- Login, cookies, and browser sessions are only supported when
installing the WebResearch ScrapBook Extension.
to save the contents of a shopping cart (which uses browser sessions and
probably cookies), the WebResearch ScrapBook Extension must be
- WebResearch Toolbar is not movable
Firefox does not support movable toolbars. You can only move single
buttons using the Customize Toolbar command of Firefox.
- WebResearch features that are available in Internet Explorer but
not in Firefox:
- Edit Web pages
- Highlight text in Web pages
- Set reminder for follow up
Solution: Use these features in the WebResearch application, where they
are available after saving the page.